this article (and most) on primary playground, does contain affiliate links that we do earn a commission off of. clicking these links does not cost you any extra but helps our website to keep great articles and freebies like this coming your way.
Have you seen these amazing little personal-sized mini crock-pots? It is on my list of must-haves for school! This little guy is perfect for your school lunches. It does not cook, it just reheats. Today I have 6 Mini Crock-Pot Lunch Ideas for you!
Take the mini crock pot home with you and fill it with your lunch. Bring it to school with you the next day and plug it in in the morning and by lunchtime, you have a nice hot lunch ready and waiting for you!
The mini crock-pot comes with an insert with a lid so you can take that home and bring it back with your food in it if you’d like.
Here are 6 ideas for lunches that you can bring in your mini crock-pot.
- Let’s keep this simple and quick here, a can of soup. Simply empty the soup into the mini-crock when you get to school and you have a nice and hot lunch ready and waiting for you.
- I don’t know about you, but I’m the only one that ever seems to eat leftovers in our house. I totally don’t mind because they make the best lunches! Just pot your leftover casserole you made the night before into your crock-pot, plug it in when you get to school and you’re all set for a hot lunch and no waiting for a turn at the microwave at lunch!
- Everyone loves taco Tuesday right?! Add some cooked ground beef to your mini crock-pot to warm up and make yourself tacos for lunch! The already cooked shredded beef and pork that you can buy at the grocery store or Costco work great in here for making tacos too!
- What better way to warm up on a chilly day than a bowl of chili. Keep a few extra cans on hand in your room in case you forget your lunch one day. Always great to have a backup plan! If you rather, make a batch at home and freeze it in portion sizes for your mini crock-pot and then reheat once you get to school for a nice hot lunch. Quick and easy lunch to go!
Macaroni and Cheese or Spaghetti
- Another one of my favorites! Bring your favorite macaroni and cheese that’s already made at home in your crock-pot and just rewarm for lunch. The same goes for spaghetti! Does anyone like spaghetti better the second time around than I do? Maybe I’m just weird!
Rice and Beans
Living in Arizona, rice and beans are a staple for us. Bring it to school in your crock-pot, plug it in and it’ll be ready for lunch. Any type of rice reheats well. Chicken and rice is another great one to bring along in your mini crock-pot.
Bonus idea – Oatmeal
It may not exactly be a “lunch” idea, but oatmeal is fantastic rewarmed in your mini crock-pot. Such comfort food any time of the day.
The only other tip I have is that I like to keep a small carton of milk in the fridge. When reheating things such as the macaroni and cheese and the oatmeal, it’s nice to add a bit more liquid to help it all come together as it reheats.
So what do you think? Are you ready to try one of these awesome mini crock-pots? Or if you already have a mini crockpot share with us any other ideas that you have for lunch in the comments below!
If you’re looking for more of my lunch must-haves you’ll want to check out this post here where I share my favorite lunch bags, lunch containers, and my newest favorite salad container!
See you next time!