Have you seen the new Grinch movie yet? It’s so cute! We had our Scholastic Book Fair a couple of weeks ago and I saw this new Grinch book and knew it would be a huge hit with the kids right now! So for this week’s Literacy Snack Grinch Read Aloud idea, we’re reading, I’m The Grinch by Dennis Shealy.
This is not the normal story of How The Grinch Stole Christmas but a short, colorful book for the kids to learn all about what makes the Grinch so grinchy during Christmas. You can absolutely read the traditional book to go along with this weeks snack and free printable as well if you prefer.
For our snack this week to go along with the book, I made a sweet Grinch snack mix for the students to snack on.
THIS ACTIVITY WORKS WELL WITH
Snack Idea Ingredients
- 5 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 package (11 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 3 tablespoons green decorating sugar
- 3 tablespoons red and green sprinkles
- Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. Add cereal to the large bowl.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave the chips uncovered on medium 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Repeat until the chocolate is melted. Add in the green decorating sugar and stir completely.
- Pour on top of cereal in bowl; stir well to coat evenly. Transfer to cookie sheet, spreading mixture apart. Immediately sprinkle with the red and green sprinkles.
- Let stand about 20 minutes or until set. Carefully break apart into bite-size pieces.
While the students are enjoying they’re grinch snack, I made a free printable for them to work on. It’s a word search that they get to find of all of the Grinch words.
You can download the Literacy Snack Grinch Read Aloud free printable from my teacherspayteachers store below.
Do you have any fun Grinch activities you do in your classroom this time of year?
Thanks for stopping by!
Leave a Reply